Senior Oracle pl/sql Developer – contract to hire
Amount of Travel Required – None. Cleveland , OH
Date Needed - ASAP
Assignment Duration - 3 months contract to hire (may go 6 months?)
The Senior PL/SQL Developer is responsible for implementing enhancement requests and handling support for both domestic and international business users working individually and in a team. Responsible for third party software, JDA, and the feeds surrounding the system.
Strategy & Planning
• Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
• Recommend system changes and enhancements for continuous improvement.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Gather, review, and document requirements.
• Design, develop, and document solutions using Oracle database, PL/SQL, and Oracle Application Express (APEX)
• Deploy solutions.
• Plan and organize tasks and report progress.
• Implement third party software for international business
• Assist users with problems and resolve issues independently.
• Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs functional testing and document results.
• Create and maintain system documentation.
• Work with existing systems to track and manage requirements and issues.
• Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Attend management meetings on behalf of the team.
Technical Experience/Skills Required
Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience
5+ years of IT experience
5+ years of PL/SQL experience
Significant experience solving complex problems using PL/SQL
Working knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
Demonstrated skill in requirement gathering, project management, analysis and preparation and maintenance of work documents
Technical Experience/Skills Preferred
Experience with developing shell scripts in Linux or Bat scripts for Windows Server
Experience with Oracle Application Express (APEX)
Knowledge of JDA systems, specifically, SCP/ESP and Demand
Non-Technical Skills Required
Strong written and oral communication skills
Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas and technologies
Strong systems, process orientation with demonstrated analytic thinking, organization and problem solving skills.
Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies
Willingness and ability to train and teach others
Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items
Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and to lead and influence cross organizationally with and without direct authority
Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.