Job Description - Senior Java Web Developer
The Senior Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software supporting mission critical business applications within the merchandise accounting systems group. The position requires participation in the complete system development life cycle including post implementation support. The developer provides technical consulting to management, business users, and works closely with other developers as a mentor.
Solid communication skills are key to this position as it requires direct contact with our user community. An individual that keeps up with the latest technologies and is self-proficient in learning is also a key attribute
This has the potential to go perm for the right candidate.
An on-site interview is required in Cleveland, OH
· Sponsorship is NOT available. All candidates must have a green card or be a US Citizen.
Strategy & Planning
· Work with the business units to identify business requirements for requested projects.
· Identify the technical requirements of projects.
· Analyze all aspects of the projects.
· Perform feasibility and cost/benefit analyses for proposed projects.
· Plan and organize tasks, report on project progress, coordinate with additional development teams.
Development & Deployment
· Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
· Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
· Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers.
· Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
Formal Education & Certification
· Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
· 8+ years of IT experience.
· 8+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
· 4+ years of experience developing single web page applications using Angular/React.
· 3+ years working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
· 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
· 2+ years of experience with PL/SQL.
· Experience with Source Control environments such as SVN or GIT.
· Experience configuring application servers such as Jboss and Tomcat.
· Experience with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripting.
· Experience creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
· Experience with JVM languages such as Groovy considered a plus.
· Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.