Direct Hire 12/12/2019
Associate pl/sql developer
>>All candidates must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
>>Local candidates are preferred as there is no relocation benefit offered.
The Health, Environment and Regulatory System (HEARS) department has an opportunity for an associate level PL/SQL developer to support new and existing regulatory compliance applications. Focus areas to include chemicals, raw materials, formulas, products and batch production and consumption.
Strategy & Planning
• Work with management to generate quarterly work plans.
• Participate in recommendation of improvements to existing technical processes.
• Research tools and technologies and identify those that can best help serve the needs of clients.
• Research and implement related tools to improve development process.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Work closely with the business user community and fellow developers for project requests and support enhancements.
• Perform all levels of the SDLC: Use case development, Requirements gathering and modeling, development, QA testing, deployment and documentation.
• Create and maintain system documentation.
• Follow up with users to ensure projects were implemented successfully.
• Use version control tools for proper auditing.
• Utilize tools like TOAD for development.
• Understand and implement configuration changes
• Assist users with problems and resolve issues
• Create test plans, test scripts and perform unit testing
• Working with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues
• Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in after-hours 24/7 on call support.
• Travel 0-5% (domestic and/or international).
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 1+ years IT experience.
• 6+ months hands-on programming with Oracle PL/SQL.
• Knowledge of basic requirements gathering and project management.
• Some experience supporting mission-critical systems.
• Some knowledge of Oracle – version 10g and above, SQL, PL/SQL (stored procedures, packages, pipelines, functions, triggers) and SQR reporting.
• Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting.
• Understanding of basic chemistry or paint and chemical industry.
• Proper written and oral communications skills.
• Responsive and alert to new learning and research concepts, ideas, and technologies.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Motivated and competent to contribute time and effort to work assigned.
• Participate in meetings and follow up with resulting action items as needed.
• Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to learn new tools and technologies.
• Ability to organize and prioritize and assist in the execution tasks in a high-pressure environment as requested.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.