· Log all requests in HP Service Manager (solutions center call tracking software). This includes all incoming ACD calls, direct calls, e-mails, voice mails, chat, walk-ins and any other solutions center interaction.
· Provide accurate and thorough solutions to end user interactions. Escalate or transfer incidents when appropriate.
· Provides information to end-user regarding the status of their incidents or requests.
· Troubleshoot PC hardware and software problems; software installations and upgrades; provide first line support for applications, network, server, and security.
· Research, resolve, and respond to questions received in accordance with set policies and procedures.
· Continuous development of communication skills, problem solving techniques, and the creation of more efficient support methods.
· Assist in the population and maintenance of the online knowledge base.
· Attempt proactive resolution of end user and IS support issues to maintain a high level of visibility within the end user community.
· Participate in team projects that enhance the quality of the solutions center service level, and promote technical and career growth.
· Participate in all aspects of the 24x7/Point/Site schedule rotations.
· Detection and communication of possible problems and the assignment of them to the Problem Management team for them to raise problem records.
· Coordinate incident resolution and service request completion with various workgroups
· Communicates with the end-user to gain agreement that the incident or service request has been completed and closes the record.
Primary Work Environment
This position will be the user’s single point of contact for support. Support Analysts can expect to spend their time working on the phones or in person and may need to visit the end user’s desk to solve support issues when remote tools are not available. This position will require frequent interaction between the solutions center team and desktop team (SMS/patch management, certification lab, asset management), other IS groups, and management.
The ideal candidate will have a four-year technical degree or the equivalent in work experience. The candidate will:
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Practice empathic listening skills
· Have the ability to handle many calls for long periods
· Have the ability to provide consistent, positive customer service
· Identifies customer needs, manages expectations, and defines appropriate next steps.
· Proactively solves customer problems
· Have knowledge of:
· Microsoft Windows 8/7
· Microsoft Office 2013/2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari
· Microsoft Lync
· Adobe Acrobat or Foxit Reader
· Cisco VPN Client
· iOS/Android devices
· System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
· HP Service Manager
· Have the ability to make a positive contribution in a team environment
· Offers and accepts reinforcing and correcting feedback
· Develops successful inter- and intra-team relationships, including the ability to share, teach, learn, and manage conflict
· Identify and seek out opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Prioritize and manage multiple tasks
· Use analytical problem solving skills
· Have the ability to work independently
· Define and share work plans
· Define tools required to do their job
· Require minimal supervision
· Communicate on a timely and appropriate basis
· Have the ability to adapt to a changing environment
CONSIDERED A PLUS
· Verbal/written fluency in another language (Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean or Japanese)