Senior Java Developer- Contact to Hire
The Senior Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software supporting mission critical business applications within the TAG IT merchandise accounting systems group. The position requires participation in the complete system development life cycle including post implementation support. The developer provides technical consulting to management, business users, and works closely with other developers as a mentor.
Solid communication skills are key to this position as it requires direct contact with our user community. An individual that keeps up with the latest technologies and is self-proficient in learning is also a key attribute. Local candidates are preferred.
We are looking for a candidate that is interested in a career and open to long term commitment living in Cleveland, an on-site interview is required.
1. 1 hour video interview, usually with hiring manager and a technical resource.
2. 2-3 hour on-site interview. Typically meet with hiring manager, peer employees and group manager.
· Top hourly bill rate during the contract is low $90's, prefer in $80s; based on experience and knowledge. (contactor pay rate should be no more than $60/hr.)
· Conversion salary range is $81-$92k; based on experience and knowledge.
· Sponsorship is available.
· Conversion to FTE typically takes 6 months.
· Top skills required: Java, PL/SQL, communication skills.
Strategy & Planning
• Work with the business units to identify business requirements for requested projects.
• Identify the technical requirements of projects.
• Analyze all aspects of the projects.
• Perform feasibility and cost/benefit analyses for proposed projects.
• Plan and organize tasks, report on project progress, coordinate with additional development teams.
Development & Deployment
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for development projects.
•Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Application server maintenance tasks such as: software/hardware upgrades, patching, security configuration, batch process maintenance and migration to new platforms.
• Address internal audit concerns to address Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Some travel required.
• Working outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday may be required; on-call availability.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• 5+ years’ experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• 5+ years of Java/J2EE. programming experience.
• Experience with Source Control environments such as SVN or GIT.
• 3+ years working with customers to formulate business requirements.
• 5 yrs of Rest Services, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs), Spring, Hibernate and XML Technologies.
• 5+ years’ experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
• 2+ years’ experience with PL/SQL is a plus.
• 1+ yrs test driven development (TDD) experience.
• 1+yrs behavior driven development (BDD) experience.
• 1+ yrs developing single page applications (SPA).
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment including deployment to application servers such as Jboss and Tomcat is a plus.
• Experience with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripting is a plus.
• Experience creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
• Experience with React.js and building single page applications considered a plus.
• Experience with JVM languages such as Groovy considered a plus.
• Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
• Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
• Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
• Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
• Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
• Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.